New JIT formed to probe motive for Parween Rehman’s murder
KARACHI, FEB 25 (DNA) – The Sindh government on Saturday approved formation of a new Joint Investigation Team (JIT) to probe the 2013 murder of Parween Rehman, the then director of Orangi Pilot Project (OPP).
The fresh move has come on the request made by Sindh Inspector General of Police (IGP) A.D. Khawaja, authorities said.
Rehman was gunned down by unidentified armed men back in March 2013 near Banaras fly-over in Orangi Town.
She had been actively campaigning against land and water mafia in the city, particularly in the suburbs of city.
A new eight-member JIT will be comprised of officials from Federal Investigation Agency (FIA), Rangers and intelligence agencies.
The team will grill arrested suspects and submit its report in 15 days.
Police claimed to have arrested the prime accused, Amjad Hussain, in October last year, besides other suspects for their alleged involvement. Despite multiple arrest and progress in the case, the motive for the killing remained obscure.
Related News
Trump says US-Iran ceasefire on ‘life support’ after rejecting Tehran’s ‘stupid’ response
WASHINGTON: President Donald Trump said on Monday that the ceasefire with Iran was “on lifeRead More
Zeeshan Naqvi Elected CFP President
ISLAMABAD, MAY 8 /DNA/ – Former Deputy Mayor of Islamabad Syed Zeeshan Ali Naqvi hasRead More


Comments are Closed