FM Qureshi departs for China to attend Sino-Pak strategic dialogue
ISLAMABAD: Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi departed on Thursday for China on a two-day official visit to attend the second round of Pakistan-China foreign ministers’ strategic dialogue.
He will also hold meetings with senior Chinese officials during his Beijing visit. Issues of mutual interest, bilateral cooperation, the phase-II of China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), and regional security will come under discussion in these meetings.
It is noteworthy that the first Pakistan-China foreign ministers’ strategic dialogue had taken place in March.
Earlier, diplomatic sources had said that dates are being finalised for Chinese President Xi Jinping’s visit to Pakistan.
It is expected that the Chinese president will make announcements for further investment plans for the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) project, said the sources, adding that he is also likely to address the parliament during his visit.
In February, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs had announced that the Chinese President Xi Jinping is expected to visit Pakistan, whereas, some sources claimed that the visit was likely in June this year. Prime Minister Imran Khan had invited President Xi Jinping to visit Pakistan last year in Oct.
Related News
PM’s aide says SC ruling on Imran’s hospital transfer ‘independent, based on merit’
ISLAMABAD, AUG 18: Prime Minister’s Adviser on Political and Public Affairs Rana Sanaullah on TuesdayRead More
Google opens Pakistan office; PM Sharif welcomes delegation
ISLAMABAD, AUG 18 /DNA/ – A 9-member delegation of Google, led by Wilson White, ViceRead More


Comments are Closed