Deadliest suicide blast in Kabul: 40 killed in blast at Afghan religious gathering
KABUL (DNA) – At least 40 people were killed in an explosion at a meeting of top clerics in Kabul on Tuesday, officials said, in one of the deadliest attacks to strike the Afghan capital in months.
Another 60 people were wounded in the blast, health ministry spokesman Wahid Majroh said, which targeted an Ulema Council gathering at a wedding hall to mark the Prophet Mohammad s birthday.
“Initial information suggests it was caused by a suicide bomber,” interior ministry spokesman Najib Danish said.
He said the number of dead and wounded was “more than 50” so far.
A manager of Uranus Wedding Palace, which also hosts political and religious functions, told a suicide bomber blew himself up in the middle of the gathering.
“There are a lot of casualties — I myself have counted 30 casualties,” he told on the condition of anonymity.
Related News
US threatens Iran with blockade, ‘toughest ever sanctions’ as China pushes diplomacy
WASHINGTON, AUG 21: US Treasury chief Scott Bessent said the United States will impose “theRead More
New US carrier strike group arrives in Middle East: Military
WASHINGTON, AUG 20: A new US aircraft carrier strike group has arrived in the MiddleRead More


Comments are Closed