Cabinet approves Hajj Policy 2017, lifts ban on gas connections
ISLAMABAD, APR 12, (DNA) – : The Federal Cabinet on Wednesday approved new Hajj Policy 2017 while also lifted a ban on new gas connections across the country.
The cabinet meeting was chaired by Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.
The premier also directed the Ministry of Religious Affairs to fully facilitate the pilgrims. He also asked the ministry to review the Hajj expenditures and present them before the next cabinet meeting.
Meanwhile, approving Board of Investment (BOI)’s summary, the cabinet lifted a countrywide moratorium on new gas connections.
The new connections would ensure gas supply to domestic, commercial and industrial consumers. Execution of Gas Development Schemes during the present Government also approved.
On Monday, BOI chairman Miftah Ismail had announced that the ban on new industrial gas connections was expected to be lifted as the investment board has sent a summary in this regard for approval of the prime minister.
Last month, the chief minister Sindh Syed Murad Ali Shah had written a letter to the premier and lodged his complaint over the discriminatory policy of the federal government by stating that his province was being neglected and economically suffering due to ban on new gas connections.
Related News
Pakistan-backed panel defeats Indian rivals in Asian Cricket Council elections
ISLAMABAD, AUG 23: Pakistan-backed candidates have secured all three Asian Cricket Council (ACC) board seats,Read More
Tarar says severe weather halts effort to retrieve Dr Asma’s body from Spantik
ISLAMABAD, Aug 23: Federal Minister for Information and Broadcasting Attaullah Tarar said the rescue teamRead More


Comments are Closed