Azadi March: Imran’s caravan enters Punjab after supporters remove barriers from Attock bridge
Attock: As PTI’s Azadi March began on Wednesday, tensions in Punjab rose after police made use of tear gas and arrested several PTI marchers in cities across the province as activists attempted to remove shipping containers blocking routes to Islamabad.
A little after 6pm, the main convoy from Khyber Pakhtunwan, which includes PTI chief Imran Khan, was able to enter Punjab from Attock after successfully removing the barricades placed by the Punjab government at the Attock bridge to stop marchers from entering the province.
- Imran Khan’s convoy enters Punjab after removing barriers at Attock bridge
- PTI activists clash with police; Ali Asjad Malhi, Jamshed Cheema among arrested
- Dr Yasmin Rashid’s vehicle comes under attack; windshield smashed at Lahore’s Bati Chowk
- Dr Rashid and Andaleeb Abbas briefly detained afterwards
- Activists force their way through roadblocks in Lahore
- PTI south KP convoy led by Ali Amin Gandapur enters Punjab
- Shelling at Attock as protesters try to remove shipping containers with a crane
- PTI says several cavalcades from various Punjab localities en route to Islamabad
- Imran and govt rubbish talk of a deal
These developments came a day after PTI chairman Imran Khan exhorted his supporters yesterday to embark on their march for “true freedom” towards Islamabad after the government said it would not allow the march. In response, Imran called on the youth to remove the obstacles themselves.
Imran Khan had earlier arrived at the Wali Interchange in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa by helicopter. Footage of Imran arriving at the interchange showed PTI activists converging on the chopper.Later, Imran departed for Islamabad from the Wali Interchange in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Afterwards, PTI tweeted a photo of Imran waving to supporters from a truck adorned with PTI colours.
Erdoğan: Joint steps taken by Ankara and Mogadishu in 2011 help Somalia revitalize
Türkiye’s joint steps taken with the Mogadishu government in 2011 have helped Somalia revitalize, as the country was onRead More
ECP notifies PTI candidates five reserved seats in Punjab Assembly
ISLAMABAD: /DNA/ – The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) Wednesday notified PTI members on fiveRead More