No meeting with US envoy over California shooter’s links to Lal Masjid: PM House
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan on Saturday denied reports in international and local media claiming that officials from the United States (US) had a meeting with Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif regarding the alleged link between Tashfeen Malik – the female shooter in the California rampage – and Lal Masjid and its cleric.A statement released by the Prime Minister’s House said news reports regarding the meeting of a special US envoy with Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif in London to discuss the California tragedy are ‘baseless’ and ‘incorrect.’
Reports had claimed that US officials had delivered a message regarding the alleged link between Malik, and Islamabad’s Lal Masjid, to Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif in London.
Read: California rampage: Female shooter pledged allegiance to IS, report says
Earlier, it was reported by the Los Angeles chapter of CAIR (Council of American Islamic Relations) that Tashfeen Malik was of Pakistani origin.
Malik had been married to Farook – the second shooter – for two years. The couple had a six-month-old baby girl, claimed CAIR.
Malik had also pledged allegiance to the militant Islamic State’s (IS) leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi using a separate Facebook account, according to US officials.
Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) agents have taken charge of the investigation of the mass shooting in San Bernardino and were combing through evidence.
Related News
Pakistani coordinator for SCO affairs meets ambassadors of member countries on Heads of State Summit 2027
As Pakistan is preparing to host the high-level Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Heads of StateRead More
Bilawal warns withholding PML-N-led govt support until ‘all concerns addressed’
ISLAMABAD, AUG 19: Pakistan Peoples Party Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari on Wednesday said the partyRead More


Comments are Closed