Saturday, September 30, 2023
Main Menu

CTD arrests nine militants of banned outfits

LAHORE: The Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) arrested on Friday nine militants linked with the banned Sipah-i-Sahba Pakistan (SSP), Sipah-i-Muhammad Pakistan and Daesh.

A CTD spokesman said in the first raid Qari Muhammad Yousaf and Muhammad Younus were arrested in Madressah Noorul Huda, sector A-2 of Township. They belong to the banned Islamic State (IS or Daesh).

He said police also recovered explosives and hate material from them and held them in a case under section 4/5 ESA, 11-F (2) and 7 of the Anti-Terrorism Act.

He said in the second raid in the Batapur area, Muhammad Suleman, Ahmed Nawaz, Abdul Manan and Hakeem Khan, of the banned SSP, were arrested.

He said police also recovered hate material and explosive which was hidden in a green belt near Abdullah Interchange.

A case under section 11-F (2), 9 of ATA was registered against them.

The spokesman said that in the third raid in the Sanda area, three members of banned Sipah-i-Muhammad Pakistan – Shehzada Ghulam Hussain, Shahid and Sajid Abbas – were arrested.

He said police also found hate material at Imran cassette and CD house near Bibi Pak Daman shrine and registered a case under section 11-F (2), 9- ATA.

He said that the suspects were planning to attack the law enforcement agencies. All the arrested suspects were shifted to undisclosed locations for further interrogation.

Accident: A youth was killed in an accident in Ichhra here on Friday.

Police said Usman, 20, was on his way on a motorcycle when a car hit him from the rear. The biker lost control and rammed into a barrier and suffered critical injuries.

Police said the car driver managed to escape from the scene.

The injured was taken to a nearby hospital where he died.

Police shifted the body to morgue for identification.

SUICIDE: A 70-year-old man allegedly committed suicide after consuming poisonous pills in Shadbagh here on Friday.

Police said Abdul Ghafoor was annoyed with his family over some domestic issue. He was found unconscious in his room and was taken to a nearby hospital where doctors pronounced him dead on arrival.

Police shifted the body to morgue for an autopsy, collected forensic evidences from the crime scene and registered statements of eyewitnesses.

Police later handed over the body to the family after completing legal formalities.


Comments are Closed