Iran denies agreeing to hand over enriched Uranium stockpile
TEHRAN, 24 MAY (DNA) — Iran has not agreed to hand over its stockpile of highly enriched uranium despite reports suggesting progress in negotiations with the United States, a senior Iranian source told Reuters on Sunday. According to the source, Tehran’s nuclear programme was not included in the preliminary understanding currently being discussed between Iran and the United States.
The official said issues related to uranium enrichment and stockpiles would be addressed in future negotiations aimed at reaching a final agreement. “The nuclear issue will be addressed in negotiations for a final agreement and is therefore not part of the current deal,” the source said, adding that “there has been no agreement over Iran’s highly enriched uranium stockpile to be shipped out of the country.”
However, Iranian officials reportedly acknowledged that talks with Washington had made significant progress and that a broader deal was “almost done,” amid ongoing diplomatic efforts to ease tensions in the region.
US President Donald Trump had earlier stated that an agreement with Iran was “largely negotiated,” with further announcements expected soon. Reports indicate the proposed framework could include reopening the Strait of Hormuz, extending a ceasefire and beginning wider negotiations on Iran’s nuclear programme. — DNA
Related News
Trump says Iran blockade stays until deal is signed
ISLAMABAD, MAY 24: US President Donald Trump said on Sunday that he has told hisRead More
Trump: Relations with Iran are ‘much more professional,’ told negotiators to not rush peace deal
WASHINGTON, MAY 24: US President Donald Trump claimed that American relations with Iran were improvingRead More


Comments are Closed