Chief Editor: Ansar Mahmood Bhatti

Monday, February 17th, 2020

 

PTCL annual profits decline drastically

download

    LAHORE, FEB 17 (DNA) – Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL), the country’s leading telecom and ICT services provider, has announced its financial results for the year ended December 31, 2019 at its Board of Directors’ meeting held in Lahore on February 11, 2020.   PTCL’s Board of Directors has declared a final cash dividend of 5% i.e. Re 0.50 per share, which is in addition to the interim cash dividend of 5% i.e. Re 0.50 per share. The total dividend for the year thus stands at 10% i.e. Re 1.00Read More


UN SECRETARY GENERAL CALLS ON GEN BAJWA

1bbf1f39-cdf3-42e7-9b91-c23d6091632d

Rawalpindi, 17 February 2020: Mr Antonio Guterres, United Nations (UN) Secretary General called on General Qamar Javed Bajwa, Chief of Army Staff (COAS) at GHQ, today. During the meeting, matters of mutual interests, overall regional security situation including Afghan Refugees issue, Afghan Reconciliation Process and Kashmir dispute were discussed. COAS said that Pakistan is committed and determined to achieve “a stable, peaceful & normalized Pakistan”. Visiting dignitary said that there is a need to implement UN resolutions on Kashmir and acknowledged Pakistan’s contribution in UN peacekeeping Missions & extraordinary achievementsRead More


Afghanistan facing severe internal threats: US envoy Khalilzad

thumbs_b_c_4323adb1e025c24e2ee67f1f58a37603

    ISLAMABAD, FEB 17 (DNA) – United States special representative for Afghanistan Zalmay Khalilzad on Monday has said that Afghanistan is facing internal issues.   While addressing the international conference titled “40 years of Afghan Refugees Presence in Pakistan: A New Partnership for Solidarity” in Islamabad, the envoy said that US wishes durable peace in Afghanistan for which, the neighbouring countries are also playing major role.   “Making warring factions sit together is a big challenge,” he asserted.   Zalmay Khalilzad further hoped that the agreement between US and Taliban willRead More


Russian analyst: Azerbaijani president convincingly defeated Pashinyan with facts on Karabakh

1.JPG

BAKU, FEB 17  —  President Ilham Aliyev once again clearly and unequivocally stated at the Munich Security Conference that Nagorno Karabakh is an ancient Azerbaijani land, well-known Russian expert and TV presenter Yevgeny Mikhailov told. According to him, this was a reasoned message by the head of the Azerbaijani state to Armenia and the entire international community. “In my opinion, at the Munich Security Conference, Prime Minister of Armenia Nikol Pashinyan looked absolutely faded and his arguments on the Karabakh issue for those present were rather feeble, in contrast toRead More


Policemen among seven killed, 21 injured in Quetta Blast

532959_41686356

QUETTA, FEB 17  (DNA) :  At least seven people including policemen were killed and 21 others sustained wounds in a bomb explosion at the city s Shahra-e-Iqbal Road near press club on Monday. As per the initial reports, the blast took place at the city s Shahra-e-Iqbal Road. Soon after the explosion, police and rescue staff reached the spot and started shifting bodies and injured people to local hospital for medico-legal formalities. The nature of the blast was not immediately clear. Security officials have also cordoned off the site of the blast. InRead More


PM Imran orders reducing taxes on essential food items

532938_24786062

ISLAMABAD, FEB 17 (DNA) :  For providing the poor with relief, Prime Minister Imran Khan directed on Monday the concerned authorities to review prices of essential food items, and in particular reduce taxes on wheat, sugar and pulses. The today’s meeting has required Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa provincial authorities to immediately consider suggestions for reducing prices of wheat. The wheat procurement targets will be doubled to meet the demand for wheat, and the Sugar Advisory Board will determine the cost of sugar through a third-party evaluation. Moreover, the premier directedRead More