Qatar calls Trump’s Jerusalem move ‘death sentence for peace’
DOHA, (DNA) – Qatar’s foreign minister said on Wednesday U.S. President Donald Trump’s decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel was a death sentence for all who seek peace.
Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman al-Thani called the move “a dangerous escalation”.
Qatar’s foreign ministry said earlier on Twitter that Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani had warned of serious implications from the decision in a telephone conversation with Trump.
LEBANESE PRESIDENT SAYS TRUMP DECISION THREATENS STABILITY
Lebanon’s President Michel Aoun said on Wednesday that Trump’s Jerusalem decision was dangerous and threatened the credibility of the United States as a broker of the peace process in the region.
The decision has put back the peace process by decades, and threatens regional stability and perhaps global stability, Aoun said in a statement.
Related News
SYRIAN FM ARRIVES
ISLAMABAD: Syrian Foreign Minister Asaad Hassan al-Shaibani arrived in Islamabad late Wednesday on an officialRead More
«Mustaqillik» Generation: New Navigators of the Silk Road
Sadriddin Suyarov, Journalist A Tashkent evening in midsummer can resemble a vibrant Mediterranean metropolis transplantedRead More


Comments are Closed