NAB decides to investigate Saad Rafique in jail
LAHORE , FEB 8 (DNA) – – National Accountability Bureau (NAB) on Friday decided to investigate former federal minister for Railways and Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leader Khawaja Saad Rafique over purchase of 55 railway engines at exorbitant rates.
According to Dunya News sources, an application will soon be filed in the accountability court seeking permission to investigate the former minister.
Sources further said that Khawaja Saad Rafique approved purchase of 55 railway engines on high rates from which only 10 locomotive engines are being used, while 45 others additionally purchased.
“The additionally purchased 45 locomotives inflicted billions of rupees loss to the national exchequer,” sources added.
It is pertinent here to mention that the PML-N leader was arrested on Dec 11 after the Lahore High Court rejected their bail plea in the Paragon Housing case.
NAB had launched an investigation into the alleged scam in November last year after a number of victims staged protests and held a press conference at the Lahore Press Club against the fraud committed by the housing society.=DNA
===========
Related News
New provinces amendment will come ‘without Rana Sanaullah knowing’, says Kamal
KARACHI: Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan (MQM-P) leader Mustafa Kamal warned on Sunday that a constitutional amendmentRead More
AJK by-polls schedule announced
Staff Report BAGH: The Azad Jammu and Kashmir Election Commission on Sunday announced the scheduleRead More


Comments are Closed