44 belonging to banned organisations arrested: Shehryar Afridi
ISLAMABAD: (DNA) – Minister of State for Interior Shehryar Khan Afridi on Tuesday said 44 persons belonging to banned organisations had been taken into custody as per the directives of National Security Committee (NSC).
Addressing a news conference in Islamabad along with Secretary Interior Major (retd.) Azam Suleman Khan, Afridi said that actions were being taken against all proscribed outfits without any discrimination.
He said that Pakistan was acting against the banned groups in its own interest and there was no external pressure whatsoever on the country.
“Pakistan’s land would not be used against anyone or any country, and it would not allow others to intervene into its affairs”, he said.
The interior minister said rule of law would be implemented in ‘New Pakistan’.
To a query, he said that the arrested persons also include Mufti Abdur Rauf and Hammad Azhar.
The minister said actions under the National Action Plan (NAP) would continue. He said progress on the NAP would be reviewed after every fortnight.
The secretary interior said the investigation would be carried out against those under arrest and action would be taken if anything was established in the investigation.
He said action against banned elements would last for another two weeks. He said anybody could be taken into custody if more evidence were found.
Related News
PEACE BOARD MEET: PM Shehbaz to seek clarity on troops for Gaza in US visit
“We will not be part of any other role, such as disarming Hamas. It isRead More
American Author John Kiser visits IRS
ISLAMABAD, FEB 18 /DNA/ – John Kiser, distinguished American author, historian, and interfaith advocate, visitedRead More


Comments are Closed